Thursday, December 3, 2009

MATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!













This is a picture of my math book that I have finally finished this morning. I like this math book better than any other math book that I have ever had, not only because it is the only one that I have ever actually finished, (yes, it is true, all the other math books went unfinished never had I actually finished one until now. The others were SOOOOOO long that I never had the chance to finish one before I needed to start another.) but also because I actually like this one. Don't get me wrong, I still detest math, but this book is actually at some times, quite amusing. Though there is a long test at the end which has twenty questions, and if you get more than three of those questions wrong, you have to take another one of those kinds of tests. I had to take two tests because I got four questions wrong. On the second test, I only got one wrong.




Here is one of the tricky questions from the test,







If a quart of ocean water cost 0.25 cents, how many quarts of ocean water could you buy with one dollar?




What is the answer? I know it, but I would like you to figure this out. Post a comment and I will e-mail you to tell you which is right. Everybody has to guess, so don't be shy. And don't say exactly what everybody else says, just because you don't know what the answer is.




Here is another tricky question from the test.




If painters were painting at the rate of 1.3 gallons per hour, how much paint would they use in 1.3 hours?




Try to figure that one out.




Here is a picture of my new math book. The book next to it is the Home Companion.




Here is a picture of the two books next to each other. As you can see, the new one is quite a bit bigger than the old one.

Well, I guess that is all.

Don't forget to answer those two math questions!!!!!

Joanna:)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first question...do you mean 25cents or a quarter of a cent?
The second question...1.69 gallons of paint?
~Lydia

Sarah said...

Joanna,

IF you're saying, on that first math problem, that ocean water costs 25 cents per quart then you could buy 4 quarts for 1 dollar. If you're saying that one quart costs 1/4 of a penny per quart, then you could buy 400 quarts for a dollar. Right?

As for the second math problem, 1.69 gallons. And I did do the math myself, and did not copy Lydia's answer :)

CONGRATULATIONS!! on finishing your math book. That's awesome! As for me, I'm off to go do some geometry. This was a good beginning to my homework today...just a little math brush-up :) Thanks Joanna. Have a great day! I'll see you, Lord willing, in 8.5 days!!!

With love in our Altogether Lovely One,

Sarah

Joanna said...

Well first one had a bit of a trick to it. The author of the book tries to trick you some times. I'll email you telling you if your right because then nobody else will try to answer.

Remember you guys, no calculaters!!!! At least not until I start asking you algebra questions.

Have a great week!!

Love,
Joanna :-)

Joanna said...

Joanna..............

i cant belive you did this their are quite easy.........

i am so glad we got a dog!!!!!!


Aaron